The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), on Tuesday, presented details of 24 properties worth N10.9 billion forfeited to the Federal Government by a top military officer.
The commission, however, did not give the name of the officer.
Justice N.E. Maha of the Federal High Court, Abuja, had, on Monday, ordered the final forfeiture of the properties held by fronts and proxies to the top officer.
The order was pursuant to a forfeiture application by the EFCC, which had in May 2020 secured the forfeiture of the properties on an interim basis.
The court had ordered the publication of notices in national newspapers, inviting persons with interest in the properties to show cause why they should not be finally forfeited to the FG.
With no such interest shown by any entity, Justice Maha on Monday ordered the final forfeiture of the properties.
EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, in a statement in Abuja said the properties scattered across Kano, Kaduna, Borno and Cross River States, comprise land, shopping complex, gas station and fuel stations cumulatively valued at N10, 935,000,000.00.
He listed the properties as a
1) Filling Station with 16 pumps located at Rijiyar Lemo, Kano,
2) Filling Station with 41 pumps located opposite Federal Secretariat, Kano,
3) Filling station with 39 pumps located along BUK Road, Kano,
4) Filling Station with 31 pumps located along Zaria bypass, Kano,
5) Filling station with 31 pumps located along Maiduguri bypass, Kano.
6) Filling station with 29 pumps located along Maiduguri Bypass, Kano;
7) Filling Station with 23 pumps located along Naibawa, Kano;
8) Filling Station with 39 pumps located along Bachirawa, Kano,
9) Filling Station with 51 pumps and a one-storey building with 35 shops attached to the Filling station located along Shiek Ja’afar Road, Dorayi, Kano.
Others properties are: LPG plant with 30 shops attached to it located along Zaria Road, Kano, Marhaba Event Centre, Guda Abdullahi Road, Farm Centre, Kano, a three-storey building (Plaza) with 28 shops located on Hadeja Road, next to Sheshe supermarket, Kano; a three-storey building (Plaza) with 126 shops located on Audu Bako Way, Opposite Nation Plaza, Kano; Classic Block Industry at Maiduguri Road and Kano; and Atlasfield Corporate Headquarters, No. L6 Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna.
Other properties include undeveloped plot located at Sharada, Adjacent A.A. Rano Filling Station, Kano; undeveloped plot located at Yan Rake, Adjacent Dala Orthopedic Hospital, Kano undeveloped plot located along Kano-Gwarzo Road, Adjacent Kedco Regional Office, Kano North/Opposite Silver Spoon Restaurant, Kano; undeveloped plot located along Kano-Gwarzo Road, opposite Markaz Mosque, Kano; Undeveloped plot located on Sani Marshal Road, Opposite Nissan Automobile, Kano, 11.7 hectares located Adjacent TINAPA Resort, Adiabo, Calabar, Truck Assembly Plant, Easter Bypass, Kano, Event Center located in Calabar, Cross River State, Aflac Plastics Limited located behind National Eye Center, Kaduna.
Culled from: Guardian Newspaper