The Labour Party says it is set to release a supplementary list for its presidential campaign council, claiming that Ayuba Wabba and Festus Osifo were erroneously included.
Its national chairman, Julius Abure, disclosed this in a communique he read at the end of the party’s expanded National Working Committee meeting in Abuja.
Mr Abure, the meeting was to review the party’s activities, revealing that the presidents of NLC and TUC had been removed from the campaign council.
“It is in the strength of the above that the Presidential Campaign Council has been duly announced with representation across all states, tribes and faith. The Labour Party hereby announces the endorsement of the campaign council,” said Mr Abure. “However, we acknowledge some omissions and misplacement of some names in the council. This will be corrected and a supplementary list released before the inauguration of the council.”
He added, “Also corrected is the erroneous inclusion of Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress members in the campaign list.”
The statement said the party would consolidate “the momentum that will help us establish a new Nigeria come May 29, 2023