Ekiti PDP Stakeholders held a lunch meeting in Lagos with the leadership of the two groups (Osoko Political Assembly (OPA) and Repositioning Group)), present.
In furtherance to the truce meeting held in Abuja two weeks ago, another meeting was held today at The Providence Hotel, Lagos with the following leaders in attendance: Governor Ayodele Fayose, Senator Abiodun Olujimi, Senator Duro Faseyi, Chief Dipo Anolisulowo, Otunba Oluyinka Akerele, Rt.Hon Tunji Odeyemi, Barrister Gboyega Oguntuase, Alhaji Lateef Ajijola, Hon Deji Ogunsakin, Mrs. Funmi Ogun.
The meeting resolved as follows:
- That the unity of the party in Ekiti State is sacrosanct, uncompromisable and long needed.
- That Stakeholders unanimously agreed that only with true dialogue that we can achieve victory in our coming elective elections in Ekiti State.
- That we shall continually seek all avenues for peace and resolutions of all crises in the party within the ambit of the law.
- That the journey to lasting and genuine reconciliation of the two groups have begun and continual.
- In the light of the above, all party followers of the two groups are hereby requested to sheath their sword forthwith and desist from any attack on all the leaders in the party.