What happened in the #LagosByeElections should be a lesson to all. Politics is a PRECISE SCIENCE. There are several things that happened that made it clear that this would be by far the worst outing for PDP in 21 years. Let me explain why..
- The candidate BOG. Totally overrated…a paper weight politician who will struggle to win an election even in his own community. Being able to speak good English and say the right things is not enough to win elections. One must also have character and be humble
- BOG has blocked many PDP supporters on social media…this is because at one point in time or the other they were supporting other candidates in primaries in the PDP or they did not support him or agree with his views….is that how to play politics? Ko ni iwa. Characterless
- All through his stay in PDP, BOG has never agreed with Bode George…he has always fought against him…but suddenly he returns to the party and aligns with the same Bode George who once said BOG was mental. Majority of party supporters in Lagos are tired of Bode George.
- They totally sidelined the party and went on to form their own campaign council and ignored the party structure. They launched a campaign office without inviting the Chairman and other principal actors in PDP Lagos. They weakened the party and themselves from day 0.
- Bode George once again has proved that he is incapable of winning elections….or is it that he always uses division to keep APC in power. I will let you decide that one.
PDP Lagos needs to take a scientific approach to elections going forward. The analysis must be thorough
You can’t keep giving tickets to people who cannot fund their elections and who are not popular on the street. It is like losing the election before the election.
Finally, they should not cry about rigging. Did they expect APC Lagos that kills protesters not to rig an election?