The Federal Government has said that only few Nigerians living abroad have asked to be evacuated after it announced plans last week to evacuate them.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, disclosed this in Abuja on Monday at the sixth joint national briefing of the Presidential Taskforce Force on COVID-19.
“We sent the letters (to the embassies) last week but we have not gotten many persons that want to return now. They are just few, not many; but we are still waiting to confirm their actual number.
“However, experts had recommended against much travels to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19. But if there are those that want to come back, we’ll do everything within our means to bring them back.
“So, we are still waiting to confirm the entire number in the end. We’ll then work out the logistics on how to bring them back,” the Minister said.