Jude Imagwe, Special Adviser to former President Goodluck Jonathan, has dismissed claims that the ex-president is preparing to contest the 2027 presidential election.

Speaking on News Central Television on Wednesday, Imagwe said there is no proof that Jonathan has obtained a presidential nomination form.

His comments followed recent claims by Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain Umar Sani, who alleged that Jonathan had secured a nomination form ahead of the next general election.

Reacting to the speculation, Imagwe said the reports remain unofficial and unsupported by evidence.

“There is no suggested evidence that shows that my boss, Goodluck Jonathan, purchased or obtained the form,” he said.

He also questioned reports that Jonathan had been granted a waiver to contest, saying he was unaware of any such development.

“Some people said they granted him a waiver. If they have done that in the circuit, I as an individual do not know that they granted him waiver,” Imagwe stated.

He added that any decision regarding a presidential bid would be made and announced by Jonathan himself, not by political associates or supporters.

“I find it relatively difficult to suggest right now that my boss, the former president, is actually contesting an election,” he said.

Imagwe described Jonathan as a leader capable of making his own political decisions, stressing that no one should speak on his behalf regarding a possible 2027 ambition.

“He’s a strong man of strong character and strong personality having served in respective capacities, so people should not announce for him whether he’s contesting an election or he’s not contesting. It’s a decision that he has to take,” he added.