The Chairman People’s Democratic Party PDP Lagos State Chapter, Engr Adedeji Doherty on behalf of all the members of the Executive Committee has sent a goodwill message to all Fathers in the Party and indeed nationwide.
Engr Doherty thanked all Fathers for being ever so wonderful, supportive and for being the pillars to their families despite the challenges of the present state of the economy.
He urged all Fathers to continue being the best the can amidst all odds.
He also used the opportunity to send a humble request to all Nigerians on the occasion of Father’s Day.
He advised all and sundry stating thus:
- Don’t throw garbage on the roads/streets
- Don’t spit or urinate on roads and walls
- Don’t write on walls and currency notes
- Don’t abuse and insult others, rather, be patient, tolerant and controlled
- Save water and electricity
- Plant a tree
- Obey traffic rules
- Honour and take care of your parents and grandparents , take their blessings and always respect them
- Respect women
- Give way to ambulances
- Treat your neighbour in the way you would want to be treated
- Do not seek for corners to cut in anything you do
- Be intentional in honesty and integrity
- Fear God in a way that is demonstrated in your lifestyle
- Respect every individual, regardless of race, religion, tribe or status, we are all God’s creations
- Always seek to be part of the solution and not the problem
- Grab every opportunity to be kind and helpful
- Be conscious of setting a good example for younger or junior ones
- Be content and grateful for what you have more than lamenting over what you lack
- Be proud of being a Nigerian by focusing on the positives and acknowledging that God does not make mistakes
He further advised stating that:
“We need to change ourselves and not the country. Once we change ourselves the country will automatically change.”
“If we want our children to live in a clean, safe and prosperous environment, then pledge to follow these pointers in your everyday life.”
He said “No one person or leader can change the country alone; it’s you and I who can change our beloved nation, by changing ourselves.”
He wished all Fathers a very Happy Father’s Day and prayed that God would continue to grant them the grace and wherewithal to continually put smiles on the faces of members of their families.